Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 9 January 2024

Meet Colin

This beautiful creature is Colin. Full name Colin Hissy! He appeared around December time at the pond. I had a feeling that the swan was male so called him Colin. Being a young one, he is very wary and hisses a lot, that is why he got the name Colin Hissy. He hasn't been there for 2 days now so I wonder if he has moved on. He was on his own, just him along with the ducks, crows and the Heron at the pond. I really hope he comes back soon as I am starting to miss him! Just means more food for the crows and ducks!!!


 





I'd also like to wish Jimmy Page a happy 80th birthday for today! I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan!

19 comments:

  1. ...Hi Colin and Happy Birthday Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colin Hissy is very handsome. Maybe he found the rest of his crew. Happy Birthday Jimmy Page. One of the guys who used to live in our neighborhood was the Sound Engineer for Led Zeppelin when they were tourning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is. Maybe he did or found some other friends which will be nice for him. That is really pretty awesome. I'd love to work in the music business, that would be my dream I think! :-D

      Delete
  3. Zeppelin rules!!

    Aw I hope Colin comes back. I got chased by a swan once. I was taking pictures at the pond and must have got to close- he chased me all over the property. Everyone watching laughed so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do!

      I have never had any issues with swans! Thankfully lol!

      Delete
  4. Majestic looking fowl.

    Happy birthday, Jimmy. Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is :-D

      Haha cannot believe he is 80 lol!

      Delete
  5. Boa tarde e uma excelente quarta-feira. O Colin é apaixonante.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible name! I love it. These photos are remarkable. I am always amazed by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photographs of Colin ...

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tão bonito! Grata por esta maravilhosa partilha! Adorei as fotos!
    Beijinhos
    Ana

    ReplyDelete