Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 12 December 2023

Meet Stitch

My partner's dad took a turn for the worst in early October and he went to visit. His dad lives near London and we are in Central Scotland, so a long way to travel. Usually about 6 hours drive. I sadly couldn't go as I was working and it was sudden. He got the call on the Thursday morning and was down there by the Thursday evening. It was very upsetting for him. His dad's family were fostering a rescue kitten who had been abandoned in a park and left for dead. It was almost time for the kitten to go to his forever home and we got offered him. I got a few photos from my partner and said to him if he was okay having 4 cats, then yes I'd have the little fellow.

Fast forward a few months and his dad is alive and well. A living miracle, the doctors said. So we are all over the moon at that.

The last few months have been fun and games! I have 3 cats who have been together for 13 years and then I introduced this little baby! My Bengal is male and the king of the castle so it took time for them to be integrated! The 2 girls didn't really bother too much. Now after 2 months things are a lot better between the 4 cats. The Bengal and kitten still play fight a lot but they are both males. My daughter absolutely loves the new addition! So here are some photos:

This was the night he arrived. My partner brought him back in a cat carrier and stopped to feed and water him. 


These 2 are from this month.



His name is Stitch...after Lilo and Stitch as my daughter is obsessed with that cartoon! He is very feisty and I forgot how mental and bonkers kittens can be! When we first got him, we took him to the vets for a check up and get registered there and they reckoned he was between 3-4 months old. He is so photogenic and loves his humans!

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of Stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a little star. Such a wonderful kitten :-D

      Delete
  2. ...well, I'll to wait to see Stitch, the pictures won't load for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta ese gato. Es un amor.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. And he's grown so much. Such a great edition to your cat clan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really has in those few months :-D Thanks :-D

      Delete
  5. Oh, what a cutie Stitch is. So glad that he found his new home and can now begin training the humans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is! Yup he is getting us well trained haha! :-D

      Delete
  6. Stitch is such a good looker and he does look very happy. We're thrilled you added him to your family and I can tell he is too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a good looking boy! Yes everyone was happy with him, he i just a wonderfully kitty :-D

      Delete
  7. Hello, dear Ananka! Nice to meet Stitch! He is very sweet! I have 6 cats at the present time. I found a loving home for Tasya and adopted one more cat named Ginger. I hope you have some time to look at him at my cats' blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is so sweet Irina :-D Oh I will have a look at Ginger :-D

      Delete
  8. Aww, what a cutie Stitch is, lovely pictures.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is lovely so glad you could take him. -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have him, thanks Christine :-D

      Delete
  10. Beautiful kitty! Glad he's fitting in. And gload to hear about your partner's dad too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Greg was a huge relief to us all. Glad you like Stitch :-D

      Delete
  11. Es un bello gatito. Me alegra que el padre de tu pareja este bien. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a huge relief to everyone. Thanks. Glad you like him :-D

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness!!! he is a stunner :) and you know I adore a void :D so glad your father in law is also doing well, see lucky black cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is <3 Thanks we are all happy at this! Yes he has been a lucky little fellow :-D

      Delete
  13. Precioso gato . Me encantan. Tenemos tres en el huerto, también son adoptados.
    Me alegra volver a verte Ananka. Tuve problemas con el blog y perdí amigos. Vuelvo a seguirte.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like him. He is a real character! :-D

      Delete
  14. I am so so glad his dad is okay! What wonderful news! And what a gorgeous cat. Oh my goodness. These pictures just made me smile so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we all are! He really is such a cutie! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  15. Que bom que o gatinho se habituou tão bem, e os outros lentamente, também já o adotaram como novo companheiro de brincadeiras!
    Que bom que este processo correu bem, e que a saúde do seu sogro também melhorado! Milagres de Natal antecipados! Eu gosto de acreditar! Bom tê-la de volta à blogosfera!
    Beijinhos! Saúde para todos!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to be back :-D He is a crazy little kitten :-D And thank you, we are all glad he is better and will be home for Christmas :-D

      Delete
  16. Glad the new kitten it settling in well with the other cats. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so pretty, we also have a black cat

    ReplyDelete