Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 19 December 2023

A Little Wasp

I know a lot of people don't like wasps. I have a lot of time for these little insects and they really are important in our world. I have been stung by one that flew up my tshirt a few years ago and I didn't really have any issues. This is probably my favourite photo from this year and I was just so happy to capture this fellow. I took this photo on 24th August.



36 comments:

  1. ...we had them in our house a few years ago, they didn't make good roommates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes they really don't make good roommates, I agree Tom haha! :-D

      Delete
  2. Wow, what an incredible photo. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasps bite as well as sting. Best to stay away from them. At least I'll stay away from them. That's a nice photo, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! Over the years I have grown to appreciate them and like them! Thanks Kirk :-D

      Delete
  5. Yes, I don't like them. Hello, Ananka! I wish you lovely Christmas celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irina same to you and the cats :-D

      Delete
  6. Gran foto . Estas no me gustan. Felices Fiestas Ananka.
    Que tengas una buena Navidad.
    Un abrazo 🤗〰〰💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! A lot of people don't like them! Same to you and your family :-D

      Delete
  7. What a close up! I couldn't get that close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Procuro alejarme, para evitar la picadura.
    Feliz Navidad, junto a familiares y personas amigas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people do! Thanks same to you all the best :-D

      Delete
  9. Boa tarde de quinta-feira, com muita paz e saúde. Boas Festas 🥳 🥳 🥳. As vespas fazem um trabalho importante, na polinização.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Luiz they really do! They are so important in our world :-D Thanks so much and all the best to you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A imagem está incrível! Adorei ver! Também já fui picada uma vez, mas ao fim de umas horas, já o dedo tinha normalizado, e não foi tão doloroso, quanto eu pensava que fosse...
    Beijinhos! Feliz 2024!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was glad it didn't turn out bad for me! Thanks Ana :-D

      Delete