Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Thursday 2 June 2022

Hand Feeding a Mallard

 

This is me hand feeding a male Mallard duck. He was very friendly and trusting and probably very hungry. I only ever feed ducks seeds, sweetcorn or proper duck pellets.

NEVER FEED DUCKS OR GEESE OR SWANS bread...it isn't good for them and can cause a condition called Angel Wing.

14 comments:

  1. A photo-blog is a great idea.
    This is such a lovely photograph.
    Happy June Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I take so many photos these days thought why not!

      Glad you like it. Thanks Jan same to you - hope June is great and sunny! :-D

      Delete
  2. Boa noite. Seja bem-vinda. Parabéns pelo seu novo trabalho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the pic. Ducks are so fun. We have a couple that were hanging out in our yard for a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. Ducks really and so much fun. I am a huge fan! Lucky you :-D

      Delete
  4. Lindo pato, te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the duck was very cute and friendly. :-D

      Delete
  5. Oh, I am always careful around them. I remember a goose chasing me when I was little. Awesome new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that must have been a strange thing when you were little. Geese are qutie strong too! Thanks Ellie :-D

      Delete
  6. Nice photo! I have trouble commenting on my new phone but old phone works here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Good to see you here :-D

      Delete
  7. Hello, dear Ananka! I often saw how people threw bread to feed ducks. I didn't know it's so dangerous for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irina! Yes it is very common to feed ducks bread here too but it really isn't healthy for them. Some areas in Scotland do put signs up not to feed them bread but people don't listen!

      Delete