Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Friday 10 June 2022

Saving Bees

 

This is a little bee that I managed to save. It had run out of steam. I carry around a sugar solution and I sprayed it onto my hand and lifted the bee up carefully. The bee happily fed on it and after I took this photo it flew away and had more energy. 

The sugar solution is white sugar mixed with water. Plenty sugar to minimal water. That should give them enough energy to fly to safety. I have no fears or concerns about holding a bee, I have been doing this for 2 years now and never had any issues. It is a nice feeling to hold a bee and an amazing feeling to know that I have saved it :-)

28 comments:

  1. wow you are good with animals/insects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice work saving the bee. I'm sure the little guy was very happy to cross your path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ananka!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she appreciated it 🐝

    now Hornets and wasps, if I catch them at deaths door, I will end their misery 😈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes sure she did!

      Oh we don't get Hornets and only paper wasps really here in Scotland.

      Delete
  5. Yes it's a shame bee's have hypo's from flying about, so kind of you to carry a sugar solution for them. I'm sure the bee appreciated your assistance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, poor things. I started doing it and glad to carry it everywhere. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  6. I did comment and then it disappeared!
    Well done you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems that I can only comment as anonymous at present.
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Haha yes! Blogger confuses me sometimes!

      Delete
  9. Its so cute! Love that you saved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really love helping bees. They really need our help sometimes :-D

      Delete