Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Sunday 14 July 2024

Dryad's Saddle

Something a wee bit different today. A cooking lesson....no seriously not haha! 


 


These are a mushroom called Dryad's Saddle and they are edible! I made a lovely veggie stir fry with them. I am no expert on mushrooms at all, but these are really easy to spot and identify. I am still learning about mushrooms and it really is an extensive topic! Mushrooms are wonderfully healthy and tasty and pretty amazing really. There has been a lot of research done on them and how they communicate and how clever they are! I wonder, sometimes, if I should stop eating them due to this.

28 comments:

  1. ...I know nothing about mushrooms in the wild. Years ago I saw a cartoon that had mushrooms for sale at $2/pound and mushrooms? for 50 cents a pound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I started taking photos of them I have been learning more of them in the wild. Always interested in what I can eat!

      Delete
  2. Your veggie stir fry looks tasty.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet they are really good. I'm no expert either. One of our blogging pals husbands (he recently died), was a world recognized mushroom expert and lectured around the world about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear of his loss. It is something I really want to learn more about. That is amazing he shared his knowledge of them. Thanks Terry :-D

      Delete
  4. Dryad’s Saddle is one of our most common mushrooms here, but I have never eaten it, even though I know it to be edible. A good friend of mine is an expert mycologist and is called to hospitals if poisoning is suspected, and even to court as an expert on the effects of mushrooms nefariously served!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fairly common here too. You should try is sometime. That is so very cool David! Your friend certainly has an interesting job, I admire that :-D

      Delete
    2. He is actually retired now, after a distinguished career at the University of Waterloo.

      Delete
    3. Good for him, sounds impressive :-D

      Delete
  5. Mushrooms are new to me and I only started to eat them from the farmers market. Your salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so exotic mushrooms! Would love a bite of that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'd like it! They are good :-D

      Delete
  7. Dear Ananka! I am no expert on mushrooms either and I am afraid to eat mushrooms if I don't buy them in shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be really sure to eat the ones I pick! Thanks Irina :-D

      Delete
  8. Nunca había visto esos hongos son muy lindos. Me dio ganas de tu salteado. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the look of it. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  9. The salad seems delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd bet they'd taste good on a pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they sure would haha! Thanks Kirk :-D

      Delete
  11. Well, maybe you don't have to stop eating them to appreciate them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think they are tasty but wonderful! :-D

      Delete
  12. Oh wow. That is so neat! I'm sure the meal was delicious!

    ReplyDelete