Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Wednesday 11 September 2024

Glasgow Mela 2024

Something a wee bit different today. At the end of June we went to the Glasgow Mela. The Mela celebrates Asian culture in Glasgow. Asian in the UK is Indian, Pakistani and surrounding areas and not Chinese or Japanese. It is a wonderful event and I have been going for many years now. There is a lot of dancing, singing, plenty of good food and lots of event for the kids. Here are some photos from the event this year.






The 3rd photo is a little Aphid that landed on my hand, of course I had to get a photo of him before he flew off! And the last photo, I somehow ended up with the official photographers and got a good shot of these dancers

32 comments:

  1. It sure was a very interesting event.
    Plus a new friend approached you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good and had decent weather for it! Yes he was a friendly one, so tiny though! Thanks Fernando :-D

      Delete
  2. Dancing...singing...good food...sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the insect photo was a mistake at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes he came to visit me at the event! :-D

      Delete
  4. That looks like it was really a fun festival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buen lugar para la diversión.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eu também gosto de prestigiar outras culturas.
    Beijos! ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to experience other cultures :-D

      Delete
  7. Parece que te divertiste. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures create a really good sense of this fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Multi-cultural festivals are a fine thing, and we have attended a few. That was before COVID. I have never been a huge fan of big crowds and I think COVID-enforced seclusion reinforced that, and I doubt very much that I will ever attend such an event again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are fine thing indeed. I am not a fan of crowds either but I like to go to certain events. :-D

      Delete
  10. It looks a colourful event, I enjoyed your photographs.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a really wonderful event! So glad you were able to attend!

    ReplyDelete