Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 16 September 2024

Scarlet Elf Cup

 



These are Scarlet Elf Cup mushrooms. They look pretty funky and amazing I think. They stand out as they are bright red! And I have just checked they are edible too, if cooked thoroughly!


37 comments:

  1. I'm seeing it for the first time now and I think the mushroom is wonderful. Amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so bright red that poisonous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd not seen these before!
    Great pictures, and you tell us they are edible too.
    Cook them carefully.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing. Not sure I'd want to risk it haha! Thanks Jan :-D

      Delete
  4. I've never seen anything like that before, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! They will look better as decorative pieces rather than being eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like little jewels on the forest floor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I know it is quite common over here, not sure about over there. Thanks Irina :-D

      Delete
  8. This is something amazing, like a work of art! These mushrooms are beautiful, we don't have such here. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How strange and beautiful, aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has its own shape and they seem to be all different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a nice shape and colour. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  12. I've never seen them before, they're beautiful.
    They sure are delicious...
    Great shots

    ReplyDelete