Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Wednesday 23 October 2024

A Beautiful Crow

 

Crow

Crow

Haven't posted a crow in a while. This guy was a regular at the pond last year. I would feed him both wild bird seed and the duck pellets. I used to put them in a little bit just for him, as you can see in the second photo. What a gorgeous and intelligent bird. I built up a good relationship with him and he would wait for me nearby. The more crows get to know you, the more they trust you. BUT you have to earn that trust. In return for this food he would pose for my photos! I think building a relationship with a crow is an amazing experience. They are gorgeous and lovely and smart creatures. They are one of my favourite creatures on the planet along with cats and ducks.

14 comments:

  1. Tienen que buscar su alimento, en medio de la naturaleza. No está mal ponerle alguna comida.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice friend you got there, he's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots here Ananka

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindo cuervo me recuerda a los de mi jardín. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindo cuervo me recuerda a los de mi jardín. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, crows are very smart and amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you talk about building a relationship. How kind and respectful you are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're said to be smarter than dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed! We have them coming over to our balcony for lunch every afternoon. If we are late in laying out their table they keep cawing!
    You wanted to know if I've been to Scotland, yes and have blogged about it at https://instantwords.blogspot.com/2019/01/fun-and-sights-in-scotland.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like crows, cats, and ducks too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have five crows that regularly come to the house, let us know when they arrive and we feed them. We are good friends.

    ReplyDelete