Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 7 October 2024

Saving A Caterpillar

 


This is a Vapourer Moth Caterpillar also know as Rusty Tussock. It was on a lamp post and I just had to save it. I got a leaf from the ground, as it is unwise to touch caterpillars, and got it on the leaf then popped it onto the tree. It would have a better chance of surviving that way, I thought. I have never seen one of these caterpillars before and was glad to see something new!

8 comments:

  1. ...you are quite the entomologist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I really should look into studying it!

      Delete
  2. Aren't caterpillars of all kinds beautiful? They are just the little sneak preview of the beautiful moths and butterflies to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boa tarde de segunda-feira e uma excelente semana. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Algumas realmente são lindas. Mais não toque nelas. No Brasil temos algumas com venenos potentes e que podem matar uma pessoa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the caterpillar is very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!
    It must be caterpillar season, I found some on my plants, basil, chillies and mint. Also small moths. I have left them because I have more than I can consume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te debe su vida y ella no se ha dado cuenta.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete