Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Tuesday 6 September 2022

Elephant Hawk-Moth Caterpillar

 




This is an Elephant Hawk-Moth Caterpillar. He has been living in my garden for the last few weeks! I am seriously considering charging him rent! ;-)

This caterpillar is safe to touch and hold. Many caterpillars are toxic to humans, so if in doubt don't touch them!


30 comments:

  1. Good shots of the moth :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool one, great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I was quite taken with it. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  3. It looks like sea cucumber too! Holy Molly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha a bit I guess. He was really friendly!

      Delete
  4. ...it will no doubt look better as a moth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is an amazing moth, but not seen one if this type. I think he looks pretty good here though!

      Delete
  5. That's a beautiful caterpillar, and those are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lon and thanks for joining us here :-D

      Delete
  6. Wow! You are brave. I could never touch a caterpillar, but I certainly enjoy your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suas fotos são sempre especiais e únicas. Uma excelente tarde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luiz, glad you like them so much :-D

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It really is a beautiful creature. Thanks :-D

      Delete