Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Saturday 22 June 2024

A Little Spider

 


This is a little spider on my knuckles. I have 4 cats and cats being cats, they try to kill the spiders in the house. I always save them! I think spiders are so very important in our world and I really don't mind having them in my house! When I was moving him to safety, I decided to take a photo! In Scotland, we don't have any deadly spiders. I doubt I'd be holding spiders if I lived in a warmer country haha!

36 comments:

  1. Another fine photo of these little crawling creatures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't mind having spiders in my house.
    Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good to have in the house! Thanks Giorgio :-D

      Delete
  3. That wee spider is cute. We have some nasty spiders over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute. We are lucky in Scotland not to have any nasty ones thankfully!

      Delete
  4. Ananka,
    Many people don't know but spiders are carnivorous, they feed mainly on cockroaches, crickets and other insects. With this, they control the population of these beings, preventing their proliferation from harming the environment. For some years now, spiders have been widely studied and the basic reason for this research is their principle and usefulness which differs on each continent where they breed.
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are so important! Thanks for posting this :-D

      Delete
  5. Oi Ananka! Eu realmente gostei deste seu blog.
    Fotos muito interessantes. Por aqui há uma pequena aranha que come moscas e outros insetos, é aliada dos humanos. Estou te seguindo!
    Beijos nas bochechas! (●'◡'●)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my friends and allies too! Thanks Ane :-D

      Delete
  6. That abdomen looks rather big compared to its head

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda araña. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know someone who has a couple of spiders as pets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful different creature!
    Clear photo Ananka!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yo procuro , que no entren dentro de mi casa.
    Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them in my house! They control the flies during summer! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  11. It's a great macro and you are very brave, most people have a phobia of spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fernando. I do not have a phobia! They don't scare me at all!

      Delete
  12. Great shot.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got a great picture.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bellissima foto di ragno!

    ReplyDelete