Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 17 June 2024

Egyptian Goose

 


I took these photos in late April in Amsterdam. It is an Egyptian Goose with her young hiding. The little white dots on her are rain drops! It rained the whole time we were there!

32 comments:

  1. ...mama, the great protector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a marvelous creature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mum and her babies make a beautiful photo. Good capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are pleasing to the eye. Thanks Bill :-D

      Delete
  5. The goose looks so chuffed with her young ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bien protege a sus crías, para que ninguna se pierda.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true. Best chance of survival! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  7. A very safe mother with her child

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindo ganso. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww lovely photographs of mum and baby.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ananka,
    What a lovely pictures. Always cute with these young ones.
    There are many types of geese currently living here in the Netherlands.

    Greetings, Marco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marco. It is always a good thing to see! I saw this when in Amsterdam but didn't notice any others. I did noticed there are a lot of coots over there! We have quite a few coots over here in Scotland. :-D

      Delete