Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Friday 21 June 2024

Froghopper


 

This is a common froghopper also known as a spittlebug. It is a little bug that looks a bit like a frog and it jumps like mad! It is a little cutie I think. 


32 comments:

  1. ...when I owned the nursery, I was a fan of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite hard to spot sometimes! But worth a good photo! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  3. This little bug is new too me. Cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He querido ver algunos, pero creo que los que yo he visto, han sido más alargados.
    Feliz fin de semana.Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy lindo. Y pillaste bien a ese pequeñajo.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to get this photo! Thanks Laura :-D

      Delete
  6. That tiny critter is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yeah! I only learned about this one recently too! Thanks Kirk :-D

      Delete
  8. Your photo is very beautiful, so clear!!
    Have a beautiful weekend Ananka!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor chappie must be having an identity crisis! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting information about that insect

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! That's one of the cute little ones!
    Amazing shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Menos mal que se ha quedado quieto y has podido fotografiarlo.
    ¡Que todo te vaya bien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad to get the photo! Thanks :-D

      Delete
  13. These can certainly jump!
    Nice photograph.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really can, pretty impressive really! Thanks Jan :-D

      Delete