Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Wednesday 14 August 2024

A Toad

 


Ever since I was little I have been obsessed with frogs and toads. I think they are amazing little creatures. I hadn't seen any for a long time until I started to visit the pond about 4 years ago. They go to the pond to spawn and then leave. You need to catch them at the right time. This is a fellow I made friends with a few years ago.

26 comments:

  1. ...don't play with toads, they will give you warts. Well, that's what my Mother always said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes that is a common saying over here too toads give you warts! :-D

      Delete
  2. What a beauty! He looks a little tired. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little tired about spawning with the ladies! Thanks Bill :-D

      Delete
  3. De pequeña, no podía verlas muy de cerca y es que un primo mio, mayor que yo las cogía, para después soltarlas y me las acercaba tanto, que yo corría, para no verlas tan cerca.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you were scared of them when you were younger? I have always liked them. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  4. My mother didn't like me catching toads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Mikael, that generation over here weren't keen on toads either!

      Delete
  5. Have you ever seen them mating when the males are in a frenzy and will climb aboard just about anything? It’s fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen them in the ponds spawning, but that does sound fun to watch. Great little creatures :-D

      Delete
  6. It is not a happy camper by the look of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi Ananka! Então vc gosta de sapos.
    Eu não! Mas também não tenho medo,
    apenas não tenho simpatia por eles.
    Beijos e bom restinho de semana! 😘🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Ane, I love frogs and toads. Wonderful creatures :-D Thanks :-D

      Delete
  8. Ready to pounce! Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is. Glad you like it, thanks :-D

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. He is a very good looking fellow Irina. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  10. We've got people who look like that in Congress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes though I feel that is a bit unfair on the toad, he was insulted! Thanks Bill!!!

      Delete