Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Monday 12 August 2024

Another Crow

 


I really should have called my blog Ananka's Crows instead of Ananka's Photos. I have so many great crows photos! Mind you, I have a lot of snail photos too! Anyway, this crow is gorgeous and I love his eye. I really love crows so much. I took this photo in April.

I got out a short walk today for the first time in ages! I went to the pond and was so happy to see how overgrown it was and thriving. There were only about 7 female mallards in the pond, but so many insects and bees. I was so happy to see so many bees! First of many walks I hope.

26 comments:

  1. What a beautiful looking crow. You never know what you'll see when out walking but it's always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so handsome :-D Yes there is always something to see :-D

      Delete
  2. Wow, you really caught a lot of detail in black. Amazing. I also love birds. In my yard we have a group of blue jays that rule all the other birds. They wait for me to throw peanuts to the squirrels and then swoop in and steal them away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, was happy with this shot. Birds are amazing. Stealing peanuts from the squirrels, that must be fun to watch :-D

      Delete
  3. That crow is so clean. Great photo, Ananka !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frequency of posting crow photos is growing on me

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like seeing your crows, they are super cool and look so smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry :-D They really are so clever :-D

      Delete
  6. A crow is a great friend. There can never be too many friendly crows in the neighbourhood. Tom says they seem so noisy, but their sounds are music to my ears - unlike lawn mowers, leaf blowers, weed-eaters, electric drills, hedge trimmers, and so on. The sounds of nature are never intrusive, human gadgets definitely are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree David, they are good friends :-D Totally agree with that too. Yes, I like their sounds and callings. Haha yes power tools aren't as good. Nature has the best sounds and agree again they aren't intrusive. :-D

      Delete
  7. Lindo cuervo. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great crow portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful crow -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like crows, magpies, ravens, etc. I'm happy to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole corvid family is interesting. Thanks Bill :-D

      Delete