Pages

About Me

My photo
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Saturday 24 August 2024

Seen Better Days

 



These boats certainly have seen better days! The first is along the canal near to me. I spoke to the woman in tha marina about it and she said it had been like that for a while and it had been a childcare boat. As we walked passed it you could see all the legos and toys. From what I gather, Narrowboats are quite easy to restore.

The second photo was taken in Balloch near Loch Lomond. Not exactly sure what this boat's story was though. These were both taken last years, so hoping they were saved or removed. 

32 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope the owners can save their boats, at least they're not in pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...some days I feel like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope those boats are not there yet, as they are dangerous for sailors.
    It seems they can be saved.

    Sorry to hear about rainy weather in your country.
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dangerous for other boats. I really hope they can.

      Oh yes, always raining in Scotland haha! Thanks Giorgio :-D

      Delete
  4. I do wonder why it is abandoned. It would have been a great boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both would have been. Not sure about the second boat but the first was a childcare/nursery for kids at one point!

      Delete
  5. That's really sad. I hope they get removed soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too and brought back to their former glory. :-D

      Delete
  6. Hope they were restored to their original glory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pobres barcos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry that these boats are in poor conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sad to see them like this Irina. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  9. The top one looks like a small excursion boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is similar. They do excursions in Narrowboats a lot here along the canal :-D

      Delete
  10. So there’s your challenge, Ananka. Buy one of those boats and fix it up and sail off along the canal to take pictures of barnacles and limpets, cockles, mussels, clams and whatever else you come across. We’ll all look forward to it! All the best - David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I would if I could afford it. They can be quite pricy despite the issues! It would be great to go along the canal and get all the great photos :-D Thanks David :-D

      Delete
  11. Hay días mejores y días peores, eso forma parte de la vida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. Always good and bad. Thanks :-D

      Delete
  12. Hopefully they will be taken out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad to see them like this.
    We sink our traditional wooden boats sometimes because it's a part of their maintenance but we take them out and dry them.
    Hopefully these were restored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I am hoping these can be restored too :-D

      Delete